NW CYBER CAMP 2018
July 16 - July 20
One week educational camp for 9th to 12th grade student cyber security novices. Formerly known as PDX Cyber Camp.
The program will include guest speakers with deep experience in cyber security technologies and careers, as well as cyber security educators. 2017’s speakers included information security specialists, cyber incident responders, malware analysts and cyber security researchers from companies and organizations including Cylance, FBI, Galois, IBM, McAfee, PacStar, Splunk, Thales, OHSU and more. 2017 also included presentations from Oregon educational institutions including OSU, OregonTech and Mount Hood Community College’s cyber programs. 2018 is shaping up to have a similar line-up of industry experts.
The program includes an evening networking reception including industry sponsors and experts, where students and parents will have a chance to talk one-to-one with local cyber security professionals and businesses.
For the second year in a row, 2018’s camp will include a girls only camp that will include women instructors and guest speakers. This camp is designed to encourage interest from girls in the cyber security field, in an environment led by women professionals.
Five locations simultaneously
- Girls Only, Franklin High School, 5405 SE Woodward St, Portland, OR 97206.
- Co-Ed, Center for Advanced Learning, 1484 NW Civic Dr, Gresham, OR 97030.
- Co-Ed, Mentor Graphics, 8005 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070.
- Co-Ed, Central Oregon Community College, 2600 NW College Way, Bend, OR 97703
- Co-Ed, Oregon State University, Corvallis OR
Author: Cyber Oregon