Tripwire delivers advanced threat protection, security and compliance solutions, enabling enterprises, government agencies and service providers to confidently detect, prevent and respond to cybersecurity threats to their business.Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Tripwire’s customer base extends into vertical industries including government, energy, financial services, retail, manufacturing, education and entertainment. Almost all executive branch agencies of the U.S. federal government and half the Fortune 500 turn to Tripwire for their IT security and compliance needs. With thousands of customers in nearly 100 countries, there’s a reason why organizations turn to Tripwire.This position is a hands-on contributor role. Working as part of a small team you will participate in design, coding, and testing activities, building innovative new security components and services that comprise Tripwire’s Agent platform. This platform is the foundation of Tripwire’s enterprise security solutions. You will also partner with Technical Product Managers and User Experience Designers to turn high-level goals into actionable stories and designs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years of development experience
Desirable Additional Skills:
- We use C++, Java, Ruby and Python. Our ideal candidate enjoys working with a variety of languages, but is an expert with C++.
- Our products run on Linux, Windows, OS X and multiple UNIX flavors. Our ideal candidate has experience targeting a broad range of operating systems.
- Possesses a deep understanding of software engineering principles and experience developing modern event-based and multi-threaded components.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to interface well with externally facing departments and directly with customers.
- Desire to work in an agile team that strives to be great, is politely self-critical, and continuously improves.
- Effective working in a lightly structured environment, taking responsibility to helping to define requirements, rapidly prototype ideas and define multiple implementation options.
- Adept at mentoring and training junior developers.
- Experience in security industry and secure coding practices.
- Familiarity with network protocols and socket programming.
- Familiarity with distributed systems using message broker technologies like ActiveMQ.
- Successful use of open source to develop high quality, maintainable enterprise software.
To apply for this job please visit belden.recsolu.com.