PacStar is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Design device abstraction frameworks under Windows using C#/.NET and XML
- Design and develop functionality using interfaces like SNMP, Telnet/SSH, Web Services, PowerShell
- Design and develop functionality to monitor/control routers, switches, firewalls, and phone systems
- Design and develop tools to harden (secure) systems using firewall rules, ACLs, certificates, etc.
- Write specifications and plans for new designs
- Work closely with network engineers and integration/QA teams
- Assist in writing help and technical documentation
- Troubleshoot system and software problems
- Performance requires physical attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- United States Citizenship required
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8 Years software engineering industry experience required
- Experience with commercial software development
- Experience with C#, .NET, C++, WPF, and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with multi-threading techniques
- Experience with networking protocols and services: TCP, HTTP, SNMP, SSH, etc.
- Experience with network hardware/software like firewalls, switches, VPN, routing, etc.
- Experience with Windows Server functionality using Active Directory, GPO, WMI, etc.
- Experience with SQL Server highly desirable
- Familiarity with Virtual Machines (VMWare) highly desirable
- Familiarity with UI design, especially WPF, highly desirable
- Familiarity with security concepts (especially DoD) and tools highly desirable
- Familiarity with phone system technology (PBX, VoIP) etc. highly desirable
- Familiarity with Linux and Expect (regular expressions) desirable
- Strong communication/documentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Attention to detail and quality orientation a must
- Strong work ethic – someone who is proactive, responsible, and loves what they do
To apply for this job please visit www.oregondiversity.com.