State of Oregon
Do you have experience with Business Analysis related to public policy and business project planning, execution, and reporting? Are you passionate about ensuring that things run smoothly? Do you enjoy consulting, coaching, and facilitating? Are you able to communicate detailed/technical information to diverse audiences? Do you possess knowledge of statistical analysis methods and tools? If you answered yes, please continue reading for more information.
The Enterprise Security Office (ESO) brings together enterprise security capabilities into a single organization. The ESO is responsible for enterprise security policy, security monitoring of the state network, enterprise incident response, and enterprise security architecture, as well as dissemination of security training, policy, and best practices across state government. ESO works collaboratively with Enterprise Technology Services and agencies to support information security functions and ensure the security of the state network and information technology infrastructure.
While all agencies are collectively responsible for information security, the work of ESO supports and increases the collective impact and resilience of state agencies.
What you will be doing!
- Coordinate internal agency legislative process including bill analysis, tracking, testimony and training of other internal agency staff. Monitor, report and provide consultative advice on state and federal legislative activity and administrative rules to ensure that agency is actively involved and aware of legislation and administrative rules that will impact the agency.
- Support strategic agendas related to legislative activities by providing policy analysis, research, development of legislative concepts, messaging, and development of strategies and goals to achieve agency objectives. Coordinate scheduling of meetings related to legislative activities. Staff and attend agency meetings.
What’s in it for you!
You will be part of a team of talented individuals charged with recommending, developing and implementing security policies, standards and program priorities in the area of information security technology that support statewide agency programs. You will have the opportunity to make a difference.
We offer full medical, vision, and dental with paid Sick Leave, Vacation, Personal leave and 10 paid holidays a year.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
Qualifications, Required & Requested Skills
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Law, Political Science, Computer Science or Computer Technology with a focus on cyber security, or a related degree; AND four years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.OR
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
While these skills are not required, candidates who are the most competitive will have the following:
- Detail oriented, process driven.
- Ability to interpret rules/regulations and provide technical support.
- Skilled in using policy and procedure manuals, handbooks, or reference material for answering questions.
- Skilled in collecting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting data in a statistical format.
- Skilled in Business Analysis related to public policy and business project planning, execution and reporting.
- Ability to effectively use standard business software such as: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and to use the internet for research and information gathering
- Embraces and fosters diversity and multi-culturalism in the workplace.
- General knowledge and application of public records procedures, project and team documents and state business system documentation.
- Knowledgeable in implementing and institutionalizing processes and controls.
- Knowledgeable in organizational change management principles and technique.
- Click the “Apply” button above and complete the online application.
- Attach a resume.
- Attach a cover letter.
- Attach Veterans’ Preference documentation, if you are requesting veterans’ preference. Veterans’ preference information and appropriate documentation is outlined by the following website: Veterans Resources. You may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs at 1-800-692-9666.
- Answer all the supplemental questions.
Candidates whose training and/or experience most closely match the requirements and needs of the position will be eligible for an interview.
Finalists will be subject to a computerized criminal history check. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Applicants who require VISA sponsorship will not be considered at this time.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.