Providence is calling a Engineer 3 – Cyber Security to Providence Health Plan in Beaverton, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for protecting the Information Technology (IT) software and systems from potential intrusions and other technological security breaches.
- Monitor and maintain security systems and policies to protect data communication networks including hardware, software and computing services to keep Providence Health Plan (PHP) departments, related properties and associated medical providers in compliance with regulations and audit compliance.
- Ensure the PHP security program is integrated with the Providence Health and Services security program.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing information assurance/security program, standards and procedures; establishing information assurance and security solutions based upon the analysis of user, policy, and regulatory requirements; researching new technologies and upgrades and determining their effectiveness; engineering and integrating new and existing technologies, tools, and applications into the PHS environment to protect, detect, and monitor PHP’s infrastructure and applications; documenting decisions, designs, and installation instructions; and training the appropriate internal resources.
- Provide on call 24/7 support is a requirement for an Engineer.
- Be accountable for responsibilities spanning the Providence Health System facilities throughout the Oregon region.
- Be expected to assist PHS IS employees in other service areas where PHP equipment resides, at times.
- Be expected to possess an understanding of the Providence Health Plans and Information Services goals and strategies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 6 years combined IT and security work experience, with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments and 6 years of IT related experience with Bachelor’s degree -or-
- 8 years of IT related experience with an Associate’s degree -or-
- 10 years of IT related experience without a degree
- Experience providing technical and/or work process guidance and direction to team members
- Understanding of common network and system attack methods
- Clear understanding of risk assessment methodologies
- Knowledge of current web filtering methods
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials
- Solid understanding in the following: firewall, Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS), Virtual Private Network (VPN), Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) and proxy services
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updatingfrequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
“Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.”
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God’s love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Health Plans
Req ID: 177578
To apply for this job please visit www.providenceiscalling.jobs.